Football For Hope
We run a soccer club that seeks to connect the young soccer players with clubs in Kenya through high level friendly matches and tournaments.
The main objective is to expose the exceptional talents for a chance to be recruited in any of the professional clubs and institutions. The team goes by the name Mathare North Rangers F.c which is also one of the platforms for youth expression in sport and social inclusion. Through the club we open new avenues for youth to learn other skills like leadership, teamwork, responsible citizenship, peace building and community development. Football (Soccer) is our greatest vehicle in breaking all barriers of discrimination, tribalism, crime etc. We support and urge the youth to us their energies in participating in positive chains of event that promotes social inclusion, peace, unity, economic development among others.
Never underestimate the power of sports. “Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. It has a power to unite people in a way that little else does.” – Nelson Mandela
- Establishment of a strong grassroots soccer club that is driven toward supporting good role modeling in the society
- Improved system of mentor and mentees network that is geared towards teams’ growth.
- Football clinics for the young people between 12yrs to 14yrs
- Annual community tournament for youth between 12 yrs to 14yrs
- Annual community tournament for youth over 16 yrs